Horizon Structures are pleased to announce that in light of the upcoming changes to CDM regulations, we are also able to offer CDM Consultant services.
Our CDM Consultant, Damon Larter has produced a guide for architects to the changes that will see the CDM co-ordinator's role to be replaced by that of Principal Designer.
The key changes that the legislation proposed will see
· The CDM Co-ordinator’s role to be replaced by that of Principal Designer.
· Domestic projects are now included in the scope of the legislation
· The Client must appoint a Principal Designer and a Principal Contractor on all projects with more than one “trade” contractor on site.
· A Construction Phase Plan is required for all projects.
· The Client must notify the project to the HSE, where required by the legislation
· The simplification of the Regulations and guidance.
We would be happy to come in to meet with you to explain the new obligations imposed on the Principal Designer or provide you with further assistance regarding the new regulations.
If you require any further help, or more information regarding our engineering services, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01603 706290.